New Akai MPC Touch
Akai is set to release it’s new MPC Touch soon. From the looks of it, it will definitely change the game as to how we make music. Before you ask, no it’s not standalone, but the touch screen is a welcomed addition to help eliminate the use of the computer.
My personal favorite so far is the ease of chopping using the pinch to zoom (see Needlz video above). It almost seems as if Akai pulled in some inspiration from one of my favorite IOS music production apps (won’t say any names) and merged them with the MPC Renaissance. But enough about that, see below for a list of the features.
- 7″ color multi-touch Display
- 16 velocity-sensitive thick, fat MPC pads with RGB backlighting
- 2-in/2-out audio interface
- Step Sequencer with touch interface
- XYFX control adds effects, adjusts sound dynamics in real time
- Phrase Looper, enables connection of any instrument to create loops
- Pad Mixer for setting levels, stereo panning and adding VST effects
- Sample Edit control, for trimming, chopping and processing your samples
- 4 new, performance-ready touch-sensitive controls
- Data Encoder knob, for push-and-twist control of display parameters
- Includes MPC software and over 20,000 sounds
For pricing and more info visit www.mpctouch.com
Also if you are looking for tutorials on the MPC Touch (coming soon) and other MPC products be sure to check out mpcmasters.com